Jul 17, 2009

ALL TO GET A CHANCE

Sir Alex Ferguson has promised to give every member of his 24-man squad a decent run-out during United's tour of Asia.The Reds touched down in Kuala Lumpur on Friday ahead of Stomorrow's game with a Malaysia XI at the Bukit Jalil Stadium.

Sir Alex is expecting a tricky first match against an energetic Malaysian side, but says it's the sort of test that will benefit United in the long run."My experience in the past is that the teams we play against are always enthusiastic," he said. "

They run their socks off and that’s what you want in pre-season – it makes you run. That’s the idea, to get that fitness."When I played I remember I needed three or four games to get my lungs right. That’s the main reason we’re here to get ready for the new season."

I’ve got 24 players here and I need to make sure they all get minutes on the clock," he added.

"We also have two games in Munich where one or two others will join us, so I’ll be trying to make sure the team gets some balance. That’s the important thing."And obviously we've lost Ronaldo so we’ll try and find an answer to our wide position. We’ll try a few things out while we’re here."

No comments:

Post a Comment