Aug 15, 2009

ARE YOU SUPRISED CHONG WEI LOST, I AM NOT

World top men's singles player Lee Chong Wei crashed out of the Yonex-Sunrise World Badminton Championship when he lost to Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro Friday night

Chong Wei who was still trying to grab the elusive world championship title failed to display his true form in court and played a slow game most of the time, leading to his easy defeat in the quarter-finals.

He lost 16-21, 21-14, 12-21 to Sony, who also defeated Chong Wei in the quarter-finals in the 2007 World Championships held in Kuala Lumpur."He (Sony) played very good today and I was a little under pressure.

I tried to come back in the second round but Sony was more patient and I lost confidence."From young I always aimed for the Olympic (medal) and the world championship (title) but in big tournaments, I just can't win, may be no luck."Now I just want to take some rest and discuss with my coach of my later plans," a smiling and relaxed Chong Wei told reporters.Chong Wei's highest achievement in the world championship was a bronze medal which he won in 2005.

Meanwhile, Sony told reporters that he exploited Chong Wei's weakness in court to win the crucial tie."I was more relaxed and played carefully. I started to play long rallies and more at the net. He too played well," said Sony.

No comments:

Post a Comment