Jun 24, 2009

THIS IS HOW OCM TREATS EMPLOYEES !

I was having a chat with Rev.Joe Marcose, it was a long conversation so much so the battery when dead. I have known Joe, for close to 12 years now.. I have known him as sports editor, media officer, pastor and now a blogger. I must say he is a fine man who upholds pricipals and values, no one can ever accuse him of benefitting for himself, he has never asked anything for him or his family, he trusts the lord and lives a life that is 100 percent dependable on GOD.

Unlike some, who will even sell their soul for money!

Read the story below, which was posted on http://joemarcose.blogspot.com/2009/06/hitting-road-1.html

As many are aware, I will be hitting the road soon. A badly written letter stated that my last day would be 15th July 2009. The following are the contents of the letter, dated 15th June 2009.

"The OCM Executive Board Meeting on 9th June 2009 decided that your services are no longer required by the OCM."Take notice therefore, that your last date of employment would be 15th July 2009."Take further notice that in view of your termination of employment, the OCM is prepared to make an immediate payment of one (1) month allowance of RM2,200.00 (Ringgit Malaysia Two Thousand and Two Hundred only) to you provided you choose to leave by 18th June 2008 at the latest whence that would be regarded your last date of employment.

You would be paid a proportionate allowance for the eighteen (18) days for June 2009."You are required to hand over to the Secretary General (? ) of OCM, all properties of OCM presently in your procession (sic) including the office keys on your last day of employment."(Signed by Dato' Roy Rajasingham)Well, this letter made by day, and my week, and I am still smiling.

And I would like to thank those behind this letter. The "post man" who handed me this letter said, "sorry it had to end this way". Well, its not the end, just the beginning of a new chapter for me, in sports.Yes, as the tittle suggest, this is just the first positing on this matter. I will be writing another one soon, and possibly a third one, which might interest many people.

1 comment:

  1. they are on the run joe...sue them.


    for the game. for the world.

    ReplyDelete