May 20, 2015

INTERVIEW WITH RYAN MASON OF TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC


Q1: What inspired you to be a professional footballer?
A: Like a lot of young kids, I loved playing football in the garden with my friends. My Grandad used to say I played like Zola and he was a great player to watch in the Premier League. I liked Beckham and other English players too.

Q2: You had string of loan moves before making your debut for Spurs in 2008. How did playing for other clubs improve your overall performance?
A: I had to adapt to different systems and different styles and experiencing that as a player can only improve you.

Q3: What are the challenges of being one of the youngest players in the team?
A: I think to perform on a consistent basis and keep your place in the team.

Q4: Who is the toughest opponent you have ever played against?
A: Probably Michael Carrick. He was so clever with his movement and with England I was in awe with him and people don’t always appreciate just how good he is.

Q5: You earned your first call-up to the senior England team for a European qualifier against Lithuania in March. How did you feel about that?
A: It was a dream come true. I didn’t perhaps expect for it to come this early so it was a great feeling.

Q6: How is it like playing under the guidance of Mauricio Pochettino?
A: Brilliant. He fills us with confidence and belief. He wants us to play a high intensity game and as a player, he is someone you really want to play for.

Q7: What can fans expect for the big game between Tottenham Hotspur & Malaysia XI?
A: Hopefully lots of goals. We want to put on a show and make it a great spectacle. I’ve not been here before so I’m excited to visit a new part of the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment