May 20, 2015

INTERVIEW WITH HARRY KANE OF TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC


Q1: How does it feel to be here in Malaysia for the first time?
A: It feels great and we are really looking forward to meeting our fans out there. It’s always amazing to see the number of followers we have in Asia and we’ve been inundated with letters and messages on social media too so it’ll be good to meet everyone.

Q2: You have been a revelation for Spurs this season, with 20 goals so far in the Premier League. Do you think you would be able to win the Golden Boot award this season?
A: It'll be tough now as Aguero has obviously scored a few recently, but I just want to finish the season strongly and score a couple of goals. 
 
Q3: You have made your way to the first team through the Spurs youth ranks and become a goal-machine for the club. What is the secret to your success?
A: I think it all comes down to hard work and self-belief. I get asked a lot for advice and those two things are the key ingredients for anyone hoping to make it.

Q4: How did you feel when you scored your debut goal for England against Lithuania especially just 79 seconds after coming on as a substitute?
A: It was the best feeling of my career so far. To score for your country at any level is a great honour but to do it at Wembley is something I always dreamed of and I’d love to experience that feeling again.

Q5: Do you have what it takes to emulate the success of Alan Shearer and Teddy Sheringham for England?
A: I hope so. Those players have done great things for their country and I’ve got aspirations to do the same. I’m not getting too carried away though and will keep working hard to get there.

Q6: Spurs have prided themselves in grooming young, home-grown talent that eventually excel in the Premier League. What is the formula for this success?
A: We’ve got a great academy, John McDermott does a great job and he’s proud of everyone that comes through. The high standards run right through and it is a great place to learn.

Q7: You just won the PFA Young Player of the Year award. How does it feel to achieve such great success in a short span of time?
A: It was a great honour to win an award like that voted by your peers, to do it in my first full year too was special and hopefully there are many more to come.

Q8: What is the highlight of your footballing career to date?
A: Making my debut for England and scoring was an incredible feeling and something I’m very proud of.

Q9: Who is the toughest opponent you’ve ever played against?
A: John Terry or Giorgio Chiellini were both really tough when I played against them this year. They are both world class players and ultimately though playing against players like that can only improve me as it is great experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment