Feb 18, 2009

Khalid going great guns

KHALID Jamlus seems to have found his scoring touch again but this time for Kelantan and he is as deadly as ever. The former Perak striker was on target just 30 seconds into Tuesday's Malaysia Super League match against Pahang at the Darulmakmur Stadium in Kuantan which Kelentan won 5-1. Ziarul Fitri Ishak added a second in the ninth minute before Mohd Badri Radzi and Indra Putra Mahayuddin found the net in the 61st and 62nd minutes respectively. Khalid, who is trying to regain his place in the national team, sealed the win with his second goal in the 70th minute. Pahang's consolation goal was scored by Hasmizan Kamarodin in the 25th minute. Kelantan, after several seasons in the backwaters of Malaysian football, are back with a vengeance and controlled a major part of Tuesday's match. It would be fair to say that if the east coast side keep playing the way they have been, they could be title contenders. "I am glad that I have found a good club to play for and the team work is excellent," said Khalid yesterday. "We have an excellent coach (Peter Butler) and I think we will be able to fight for the title if we can stay focused." Khalid also said that he wants to revive his career and hopes playing with Kelantan will help him achieve that. "I still have a few more years left to play football, and I know that for as long as I train and work hard, I can succeed," he said. The 2002 Golden Boot winner added: "I hope my hard work will get me a national call up. I know I still can contribute towards the team. Maybe in the past I may have made some mistakes but things are different now." Kelantan, who were docked three points by the FA of Malaysia on Jan 3 for a technical default, take on second placed Selangor on Feb 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment